In the Republic of Belarus the training of specialists with higher education in archives and records management is provided at the History Faculty of the Belarusian State University in two specialisations: "Records Management" and "History and Archival Studies".
The training can be taken full-time or part-time (correspondence course).
Areas of specialisation
- Records management
- Records management
- Information studies
- Information security
- History and archival studies
Since the academic year 2001/2002, multilevel training has been organised for specialists in archives and records management:
- Bachelor Level – a four-year study
- Professional Level – five years
- Masters Level – six years
Admission to the course of study is based on the results of the Central Test in the following subjects:
- History of Belarus
- Contemporary world history
- Belarusian (Russian) language
Belarusian State University contact information
Address: 4, Nezavisimosti Ave., Minsk, 220030, Belarus
Tel.: Admissions Committee +375 17 209 50 85; Fax: +375 17 226 58 98
Website: Belarusian State University www.bsu.by; History Faculty www.hist.bsu.by
E-mail: Admissions Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
The advanced research training of highly qualified professionals in the fields of archives and records management (with an academic degree of the candidate of historical sciences as equivalent to Ph.D. in history) is provided at the Belarusian Research Institute of Records Management & Archival Studies (BelNIIDAD) and the Belarusian State University.
The postgraduate course of study offers two specialisations: "Documentation, Records Management & Archival Studies" and "Historiography, Source Analysis & the Methods of Historical Research".
The Ph.D. degree course can be taken full-time over three years or part-time over four years.
- diploma of higher education (except Bachelor's degree) and/or Master's degree
- involvement in research through scholarly publications, participation in research
projects, scholarly conferences, workshops, etc.
- work experience in the profile field no less than two years or a letter of recommendation from the Academic Council of the higher education institution
BelNIIDAD contact information
Address: 55, Kropotkina St., Minsk, 220002, Belarus
Telephone/fax: +375 17 286 09 51